| Kemo Alquimista |

What's in a name?
Kemo - abreviatura de kemosabe, a palavra apache para "aquele que possuí muito conhecimento"... ou não, who knows?
Alquimista - aquele que procura mais e melhor, conhecimento, vivência, momentos e experiência. E um livro que mudou a minha perspectiva da vida...
So welcome to the jungle, we've got fun n games!

23 June 2007

Fishisms!

To Whom It May Concern,

Há personagens em determinadas séries que nunca mais esquecemos.

E depois há aqueles que são ainda mais sensacionais (Chandler Bing - FRIENDS, Mordomo - THE NANNY, Mr. Montgomery - DHARMA & GREG, Karen - WILL & GRACE, and I could stay here all night!).

Mas a verdade é que Ally Mcbeal era genial em muitos aspectos, só que este homem soltava pérolas com uma velocidade estonteante. Encontrei uma compilação que me trouxe lágrimas aos olhos:


The immortal words of Richard Fish
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The bigger it is, the more of him she doesn't want, that's all. Fishism."

"It's not my style to care about others, but what's going on?"

"Helping others is never more beneficial than when it's in your own self-interest."

"I'm nothing if not redundant! I also repeat myself."

"I don't mind losing, it's high profile losing that is not good."

"Never trust second thoughts. Next thing you know there'll be a third and a fourth...you'll be
thinking forever!"

"It's not winning, it's winning ugly that matters."
"Parenting is nothing if not selfless."
"New firm policy, listen up! Anybody who sues this firm or me, personally, we all drop whatever cases we are working on. We devote all of our intellectual and creative efforts to ruining that person's life. Are we clear? I don't want to stop short with just getting even. Retribution is not strong enough. Ruin, that is the goal. Irreversible, irreparable, irrational ruin! New firm policy!"

"I can't do anything about it, but I'd be happy to sympathize."

"Everyone is alone. It's just easier to take in a relationship."

"Piles and piles of money. If I help some along the way great, but mainly I'm in the this for the piles, heaps, the really big piles."

"True love means short refractory time."

"You've got to remember, you're not who you are. You're only what other people think of you."

"I didn't become a lawyer because I like the law. The law sucks. It's boring. But it can also be used as a weapon. You want to bankrupt somebody, cost him everything he's worked for, make his wife leave him, even cause his kids to cry? We can do that."

"I plan to have character one day, great character, but if you want to be rich you better get the money before the scruples set in."

"Sex for men: when it's right, it's right; when it's wrong, it's still right."

"I couldn't help but overhear, probably because I was eavesdropping."

"Personally, I hate sexual harassment laws. The original force behind them were disgruntled lesbians who felt they were not given the same opportunities - along with ugly women, who were jealous of pretty women who got all the breaks in the work force. My cause to action is simple, women are victims. They need special help. Look, at the evolution of these sexual harassment laws. What we are really saying is women really should qualify under the Federal Disability Act. They are less able. They cannot cope with romance in the office. They cannot contend with having to do a job and have a man smile at them. It is too much. Look where we use to be, first quid pro quo, then hostile environment, and now Seinfeld episodes. Women can't take it; they bruise too easily. The laws are here to protect the weak and most vulnerable in society. She is woman, protect her!"

"Make enough money and everything else will follow."

"There's no embarrassing way to earn money."

"Quiet! Let me ignore you one at a time."

"For whatever reason, people would never trust me, so I started being unscrupulous on purpose, and that way, I felt in control of people's reactions."

"Personal questions don't bother me. I just lie."

"We have an excellent chance to boost our profile and erode the First Amendment in the process. It's not often we get a case where principle coincides with profit, and I'm not about to take time out just because I've breached some trust thing you and I had going!"

"Is that your two cents? I'd be looking for change."

"Nelle, remember how you hate people talking behind your back? I can't do that while you're in the room."

"Men love any woman they want to sleep with. It's the ticket to admission."

"If you don't kiss a girl on the first date, you're a gentleman. If you don't kiss her on the second date, you're gay!"

"Friction, friction, orgasm. Fishism.

Claro que o facto de que ele andava "enrolado" com a Lucy Liu na série tambem contribuiu para a minha "admiração" lol!
E acabei de me lembrar que ainda ouvi muito Vonda Shepard na altura... xiii... long time ago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home